Saturday, October 4, 2008

Army surplus gear of a specialized nature

I bought a body bag from a military surplus store, must have been twelve or thirteen years ago now. Not because I expected to need it very soon; besides, the coroners office probably does not expect one to supply one's own body bag, anyway. It just looked like fun to have.

It's about eight feet long, three feet wide, and has maybe an eight-inch gusset (I didn't measure, except for the length, so I'm guessing). It looks like it could hold two if they were small and friendly or perhaps if they were dead. It also came with a plastic bag for a liner (but only one of those), big enough for the unlucky occupant of the bag:

Zipping up the bag around the person might not make for a very interesting photo, but then again maybe it does. Depends on your interests, I suppose.

They'd probably take the gas mask off a guy who had to be put in the body bag for reasons beyond his control. For me, it was just hot to have both the mask and the bag available for fun. I bought the chemical-biological gas mask at the same time as the bag.

(All photos done on self-timer, October 2008.)

No comments: