Saturday, July 3, 2021

A dead game in virtual reality

I didn't get a story done in June. But I do have a photo from SecondLife of what my avatar is doing there now:

Gus got hanged late on June 29th. He is nude, restrained with metal cuffs, gagged and blindfolded, and wearing a chastity cage. He is unable to adjust any of these because each piece has embedded coding that restricts the avatar's activity. He is hanging from a "display hook" that contains a timer and the same restricting scripts. He's in a public sim and vulnerable (in theory) to the whims of others. There's also a little sign that invites people to adjust the timer if they wish. (This is not usually encouraged, but my sign gives permission in my case.)

The rules of the "game" as I've devised them are, the timer may be adjusted - up or down, technically, but I'm only asking for up. As of this writing, he has two days and 22 hours to go. If the timer ever runs out, he goes home. If the timer gets increased, he stays. Now, I can't stay logged in 24/7 due to a system limitation I can't solve. So when I log out, and then log back in, if someone is in my spot, then I go home and the game is over. Otherwise, Gus is hanged naked and apparently dead.

I just updated Gus's profile to say this, and I even changed his name to a serial number. His profile designates his cousin, Rocky (actually an alternate avatar, or "alt," of mine) as the person to contact if anything comes up. Rocky has full power over everything.

This might sound potentially boring. I mean, dead people don't do much. Even if in SL they don't decay, they're pretty uninteractive. Here's the thing: This is day 5 of my "trip," and I'm still into it. I haven't been into the other things I've been doing lately, not to this extent. I've had some fun, but not as much fun as pretending to be dead has been. Between my knowledge of the system and Rocky, I can get out of this anytime I want to. I just don't want to.

Maybe with Gus quietly hanging dead, I can get some writing done.

3 comments:

Betapup94 said...

Such a shame, but I'll be sure to stop by and add some more time ;3

hangdog said...

Mmm when I read your comment, I got a little jolt. Come on by - I changed my display name but you can still find me as "shaggycritter."

Betapup94 said...

Oh I did, I'll be nice and only add a day, but I wouldn't mind taking you down to use you a bit, then pulling you back up.